Thanks to the generosity of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Goodyear, CMSD is proud to open the East Professional Center Digital Fabrication + STEM Lab for the 2019-2020 school year. The Lab will be used to host workshops and making hours for CMSD teachers and staff to learn how to use these technologies and incorporate them into their classrooms.
DIGITAL FABRICATION WORKSHOPS
Four times a month we will host a workshop at the EPC DF+STEM Lab. These workshops are open to any CMSD teacher who would like to learn more about the topic. The workshops are FREE and VOLUNTARY for any CMSD teacher and are not through the office of PD.
Workshops will cover a series of different technologies including 3D Printing, Vinyl Cutting and Electronics. If a teacher attends all 3 workshops in a given technology (A, B, and C) then they will qualify as a FabLab Renter Teacher, who can borrow that technology for use in their classrooms for once month.
Single session workshops will also be available.
A schedule can be seen below. If you are interested in attending a workshop, please sign up up below to receive emails when registration opens.
- 3D Printing
- Intro A: an overview for any k-12 teacher on how 3D printing works and a general introduction to Tinkercad.com
- Intro B: an opportunity to design a project you could do with your students to help them learn the program
- Intro C: developing a more complex project that could be a part of a rigorous curriculum.
- Subject or Grade level Specific Workshops
- Vinyl Cutting
- Intro A: an overview for any 3-12 on how vinyl cutting works and how to make simple stickers
- Intro B: an opportunity to design something simple that could incorporate Math, Art or Social Studies
- Intro C: Developing a unit for your classroom around logo design
- Paper Circuits
- Make Makey
Moble Fab Lab STEAM Fellows Lab Time
This time is for any MFL fellow to come to the lab to work on projects, create objects to use for their classrooms, collaborate or do machine maintenance.
OPEN MAKING HOURS
Stop by for a tour of the EPC DF+STEM Lab and see what is possible! Open Making Hours are on a first come, first serve basis as of right now. If they become crowded we may have a sign up for me.
Wednesday October 2nd: 3D Printing Workhop A 4-6pm
Monday October 7th: MFL Fellow Lab Time 3-6
Wednesday October 9th: Vinyl Cutting Workshop A- 4-6pm
Wednesday October 16th: 3D Printing Workshop B-4-6pm
Monday October 21st: Vinyl Cutting Workshop B 4:30-6:30pm